Open daily for students and members. Traditional benefits include soothing joints and muscles, improved complexion and elimination of toxins. We also provide a shower for hot/cold therapy, an age-old technique for strengthening and stimulating the immune system.
General Guidelines, Rules and Regulations
- Sauna is for students, members and massage and facial clients only.
- All Sauna visits are in 10-15 minute intervals at maximum.
- Limit yourself to 2-3 intervals. You must cool down in between each sitting. See How to Sauna for details.
- Maximum number of students in sauna is 8 people.
- We recommend that you bring your own towels however; you can rent one for $1.00 each (2 towel minimum).
- Towels or bathing suits are required for co-ed sittings.
- You must drink water! You may bring your own water bottle or you can purchase one from us. Water = $1
- Must sign waiver / release form.
- Must read all general guidelines, rules and safety regulations
- Must inform staff of any known medical conditions, health problems, and / or ailments.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to use sauna.
- Any persons with high blood pressure are not allowed to use sauna.
- No Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs or Medications allowed in Sauna or prior to use of sauna.
- No Exercise allowed in sauna.
- No Sex or sexual advancements allowed in sauna.
- Do not adjust or tamper with sauna.
- Be aware that client sessions are taking place in the same area – talking should be kept to a very low volume.
How to Sauna
- When taking a sauna, allow time to completely relax.
- Remove clothing and jewelry.
- Place a towel on the bench for sitting and use the other to wear loosely.
- Towels or bathing suit is mandatory if co-ed use.
- After 10 – 15 min., or when perspiration begins, leave sauna and relax in dressing area...follow with a cool shower.
- Cooling time should equal time spent in sauna. Enter sauna room again and stay for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Repeat cycle 1 – 2 times; end with a brisk shower.... rinse in cool water.
- Dress when completely dry and perspiration has stopped.
- Use only one dipper full (1/2 cup) of water on hot rocks at a time and take care to keep clear of the steam as is rises off the rocks.
- Drop Greenhouse Holistic linens in designated bins.
- Greenhouse Holistic assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen belongings.
Benefits of Sauna
- Relaxes muscles, Reduces pain in muscles and joints
- Relieves stress, Feels great
- Flushes toxins from body
- Conditions your heart and Improves circulation
- Induces a deeper, more relaxing sleep
- Creates a relaxing peaceful environment
- Refreshes the body mind and soul
- Rosy Complexion, Cleanses skin
Sauna is available for students and clients only.